NACCA Black Therapy Fund
: Thank you so much for your interest in supporting the Newmarket African Caribbean Canadian Associationâs Black Therapy Fund. We are grateful to have you on board.
The Current Issue
(1) Black individuals are more likely to qualify as low-income, experience unemployment and be uninsured.
(2) Negative attitudes towards the health care system reduces Black individualsâ willingness to seek and receive care.
(3) Mental health issues are not openly discussed in the Black community and thus individuals struggle silently.
(4) Treatment providers are less likely to be Black and many are not educated on Black culture and Black struggles.
We want to prioritize opportunity, access, validation and healing for the community we serve.
We are starting this Fund with $5000 with the support of our generous community partner SoCo Collective and it will provide financial assistance to Black Canadians in York Region. Therapy typically cost anywhere from $125- $200 per session.
We are passionate about creating partnerships that will benefit our community and have gathered a strong pool of culturally relevant and oppression-informed therapists from a variety of intersecting identities that we can connect community members to, supported by the fund. We are doing this work through collaborative partnerships with service providers that are all committed to making therapy more affordable and accessible.
No matter how much you are able to give, we are excited to work together with our community to bring therapy support directly to Black Canadians who need it. Please donate now and say âyesâ to generational healing for Black communities.
Examples of how to give:
1. A giving circle (gather friends together for the cause)
2. Champion the cause on your social media platforms
3. Be a business or corporate donor
Since we are a registered nonprofit organization (charitable status pending), your contribution would not be tax deductible, therefore, we are not able to issue a tax receipt.
: January 5th, 2021 at 8:00am
: July 5th, 2021 at 8:00pm
: Newmarket African Caribbean Canadian Association (NACCA)
: 395 Mulock Drive